Born on August 14, 1851 in Griffin, Georgia, it is the only surviving courthouse in Antebellum Georgia whose original front door still exists. His house, which is still privately owned, is besieged by Greek Revival architecture and decorated with Doric columns and Italian architectural style. He bought and rebuilt a house on Poplar and Eighth Streets and added columns after the death of his father William Phelan Griffin in 1864, which were then added during the renovation.
Boynton died in his home in Griffin in 1902 and is buried at Oak Hill Cemetery in the same town. The house was built by Dr. William Prichard as the Pritchard - Moore - Goodrich House at 441 North Hill Street after he bought the land. In 1919, the property passed to his son when it was bought by his wife, the Rev. Mary P. Moore Jr. of Griffin.
He was a graduate of Louisiana State University Medical School, where he was elected to the Aesculapian Honor Society. He was also a member of the American Medical Association and the National Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, and supported medical missions in other parts of the world. As part of his medical mission, he travelled to South America and Africa, the Middle East, Africa and South Asia.
Dr. Van enjoyed treating a variety of patients with medical problems, regardless of whether the patient was well or not. He attributed the success of his practice to his ability to treat other families the way he would treat his own.
Dr. Van was named the best physician in Spalding County and also voted by the National Council for Consumer Research. His specialties and special interests include family medicine, health management, family planning and health insurance. Since 1987, Dr. van has seen his practice grow to more than 1,000 patients and a staff of about 30 doctors and nurses. He is a member of the Georgia Board of Family Physicians, a certified family physician and the father of David Van, Jr., a certified family physician in Georgia.
Several famous people hail from Griffin and the city has been filmed for several notable shows and movies. The church tower and clock tower were removed in 1910, the prison was rebuilt in 1914 and it was generally bordered by Griffin Road, Griffin Avenue, Grady Street, Spalding Road and Griffin Boulevard.
After the merger of St. Stephen Episcopal Church, which served the local African-American community, the chapel, which was used by the US Army Corps of Engineers and the Georgia Air National Guard, was consecrated. Griffin Technical College has been based in Griffin since 1963 and there is a branch of Southern Crescent Technical University (SCE) in Griffin. Griffin Region College's Career Academy is located within the city limits, and GRCCA prepares students for college and career through high school and college loans. Griffin Regional College's award-winning aerospace education program promotes careers in aerospace, aviation and STEM professions through dedicated, standardized curricula and activities, as well as the awarding of the Civil Air Patrol (CAC) Award.
It features performances by national and international artists who showcase the best of performing arts in the United States and around the world, as well as local and regional artists.
The hotel was built in 1910 and is considered an example of the Exotic Revival style. After its closure in the 1970s, it reopened as a ghost attraction in October and is still privately owned and occupied. The Griffin Museum is located in the Welcome Center upstairs and houses Griffin artifacts and memorabilia, including some from the mid-19th century.
Griffin High School is the only public high school in Spalding County, Georgia, and one of the oldest in the state. The Griffin Building was the first to include a cinema and Hawkes library. Griffin's High School and its predecessor, Griffin Elementary School, are now the headquarters of Griffin School District, the largest public school district in Georgia. The school district's headquarters are located in Griffin and offer guided tours for students, teachers, staff, parents, students and visitors from around the country. It consists of four primary schools, two secondary schools and two grammar schools; there are grades twelve to twelve, as well as a secondary school, a secondary school and an elementary school.
The congregation was officially founded in 1859, and at the time of Stephens' death Boynton was president of the Georgia Senate. He assumed the governorship in 1861 and served as the 51st governor of Georgia from 1861 to 1864 and from 1867 to 1868.
Boynton was also a member of the U.S. Supreme Court in Lovell v. City of Griffin, which ruled that the city violated the First and Fourteenth Amendments. He played wide receiver at UGA and held several assistant coaching positions before becoming head coach. After attending medical school, he continued his education in the family doctor's office at the University of Georgia Medical School.